[Live-devel] Questions about MPEG2 transport streams

Guillaume Ferry ferry at bertin.fr
Tue May 3 04:40:34 PDT 2011

Hi Ross,

I'm currently using openRTSP to receive MPEG2 transport streams.
I'd rather have N subsessions for N streams, but I'm not responsible for
these servers, so I must stick with TS packets.

And here are my two questions :

    * Is it possible, in a RTSP client, to select a specific stream
      among the others, and only receive this one ? I think it's not
      possible, but maybe you have some code to so in liveMedia APIs ?
    * Otherwise, are there some methods available, always on client'
      side, to parse a TS packet, list its inner streams, and extract one ?

I think I could do the job with FFmpeg, but it would be lighter /
simpler if I could avoid it !

Thanks in advance for your insights,

Best regards,
Guillaume.