[Live-devel] Strange problem with h264 streaming

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Tue May 10 23:27:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a strange problem with latest version of live555.
I'm streaming h264 via RTSP. The video is produced by
hardware encoder. In my code I use H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer
class and event triggers to notify the streamer thread about
the availability of new h264 buffer. I use VLC as a viewer.

The streaming can run four hours without problems, but at some point
streamer starts sending tons of RTCP Receiver Report messages,
which hang the CPU and the viewer completely.

Any ideas what can cause such behaviour will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Felix.