[Live-devel] Strange problem with h264 streaming

Bruno Filipe Basilio Bruno.Basilio at brisa.pt
Wed May 11 06:35:03 PDT 2011

Hi Felix,

I have a similar problem.
After 3 days playing I couldn't access the RTP/RTCP server PC anymore. Pinging didn't work either. Only after a reboot everything is ok.
A few days later the same happened.

And now I discovered something even stranger:
I sniffed the network traffic going to and going from the server to see if I was missing anything:

Analyzing the traffic I saw a stream coming from the server that was 35Mbps analyzing it some more it is a RTCP stream -> this doesn't seems OK (a rtcp stream that is 20 times bigger than the actual video stream)

Seeing this I did some more experiments:
1)      first I power off power on the server and put it in a separate lan.
After sniffing the network I found 4 multicast streams coming out of it:
-       232.29.51.215:18888 -> rtp video stream from 2Mbps
-       232.29.51.215:18889 -> rtcp sender reports (a few of them)
-       232.218.63.39:18890 -> rtp video stream from about 200kbps
-       232.218.63.39:18891 -> rtcp sender reports (just a few of them)
2)      A placed a 2 decoders in the network and ask the rtsp multicast stream for both of them
I received the stream and could decode it (the stream was 232.29.51.215:18888)
But the rtcp stream 232.29.51.215:18889 suddenly became enormous about 35 Mbps
I think this is a bug and this is causing eventually the strange behavior I mention earlier (not reacting on ping anymore)

Best regards,
Bruno Basilio
Brisa Inovação e Tecnologia, S.A.

Declaração:
A informação contida nesta mensagem, e os ficheiros anexos, é privilegiada e confidencial, destinando-se exclusivamente ao(s) destinatário(s).Se não é o destinatário (ou o responsável pela sua entrega ao destinatário) e recebeu a mesma por engano, fica notificado que é estritamente proibido reproduzir, guardar ou distribuir toda ou qualquer parte desta mensagem e ficheiros anexos.Por favor reencaminhe a mensagem para o responsável pelo seu envio ou contacte-nos por telefone e elimine a mensagem e ficheiros anexos do seu computador,sem os reproduzir.

Disclaimer:
The information contained in this message, and any files attached, is privileged and confidential, and intended exclusively for the included addresses.If you are not the intended recipient (or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient) and received this message by mistake, be aware that copy, storage, distribution or any other use of all or part of this message and the files attached is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by reply e-mail or contact us by telephone and delete this message and the files attached, without retaining a copy.