[Live-devel] Problem with RTSP Audio

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue May 17 15:47:10 PDT 2011

>Your question is not appropriate for this list.

John's question was *somewhat* appropriate for the list, because he's
using the LIVE555 library for his iPhone RTSP client application.

However, because our library does not include any decoding
functionality, we can't help you figure out how to decode the
incoming audio (in this case, MPEG-4 audio) data on the iPhone (or on
any other client).

>I have tested Live555 to both broadcast and receive audio and video
>on the iPhone. I do not recommend using it if you are going to be
>streaming AV in and out of the phone. It is not meant for this

That's not true.  There's no inherent reason why our library can't be
used to receive/play RTSP audio+video streams.  In fact, several
clients out there already do this.