[Live-devel] Problem with RTSP Audio

Steve McFarlin steve at stevemcfarlin.com
Tue May 17 23:08:52 PDT 2011

>> I have tested Live555 to both broadcast and receive audio and video on the iPhone. I do not recommend using it if you are going to be streaming AV in and out of the phone. It is not meant for this
>
> That's not true.  There's no inherent reason why our library can't be used to receive/play RTSP audio+video streams.  In fact, several clients out there already do this.
> --

I tried for some time to get this working properly. It worked wonderfully for streaming AVC/AAC out of the iPhone. For an incoming stream my decoder data queue was starved if I had outgoing data. Apparently it was how I was using the library. Maybe I should revisit that code. In any case the library is very good. I would have preferred to use it.

Thanks,
Steve