[Live-devel] how to detect frame loss

Digital Qtum digitalqtum at gmail.com
Wed May 18 21:39:23 PDT 2011

Hello,

I’m doing this almost 2 weeks it is somewhat difficult to me..

My embedded board receive h.264 baseline stream from IP camera.

During the system overhead or temporary network disconnection,

P frame (or I frame) is lost,

and then screen display breaks until next I frame received.

So, I wanna detect (P) frame loss and skip P frames to next I frame.

Can this be done by live555? Or need some application side process?

To summarise

1.     How can I detect P frame loss?

2.     If above is possible, where should it be done to skip P frames?
(Live555 or application)

Any advice will be welcomed.