[Live-devel] Heap corruption in AudioInputDevice::createNew()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 7 19:39:54 PST 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 2:15 AM, Marlon Reid wrote:

> The call that trashes my heap is:
>
> FramedSource *micInput = (WindowsAudioInputDevice*)AudioInputDevice::createNew( envir(), 0, 16 /*BIT_RATE*/, 2 /*NUM_CHANNELS*/, 22050/*SAMPLE_RATE*/, 2/*GRANULARITY*/);
> Please note:
>
> My application never gets to this call.  Simply having it in my code breaks the heap at startup

If your application "never gets to this call", then it can't be "The call that trashes my heap".

I suspect that this code is just a 'red herring', and that the memory smash is caused by something else that happened earlier.

Unfortunately I can't really offer any suggestions, except to first try putting the code in its own application, rather than making it a 'plugin'.  That might make it easier to figure out what's going wrong (or it might not...).