[Live-devel] H264DiscreteFramer from custom source

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 10 08:41:31 PST 2011

> I've put an avi of the stream here:
>
> http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jzn/live/test.avi
>
> Which was generated using the command line:
>
> openRTSP.exe -4 -w 256 -h 64 -f 30 -d 10 rtsp://.... > test.avi

This is incorrect.  The "-4" option generates a ".mp4"-format file, not an AVI file.

In any case, I suggest not using this option (or "-i").  Instead, don't use any options at all (other than "-d <duration>").  You will get a raw H.264 video output file.  Rename this as "test.h264", and check whether or not VLC will play it.

If VLC can't play your file, then put it on a web server, and send us the URL, so I can download and look at it myself.