[Live-devel] H264DiscreteFramer from custom source

James Norris norris.j at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 09:29:42 PST 2011

Hey Ross,

Sorry for slow reply, now back at my desk.  I've put the video up at:

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jzn/live/test.h264

Unfortunately VLC doesn't play it.  Any idea what's wrong with the
file?  I also saved the SDP description via a log of OpenRTSP running
(this also shows exact params used to openrtsp if there was any
doubt):

http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jzn/live/log.txt

Am I correct in saying that there should be an extra line in this SDP
which translates to an interpreted SPS/PPS NAL via the discrete
framer?  Even without this line in the SDP, VLC should still be able
to understand the stream as the SPS/PPS are inline though?

Thanks again,
James