[Live-devel] Access violation crash in rtspclient

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Wed Nov 16 15:05:44 PST 2011

While waiting for a reply I updated to 11/8/2011. The problem is exactly the same.
I am however still using the async interface, the re-write would kill me right now.

I do have more info.
I have an encoder that has 4 streams. I wiresharked the connection and it connects fine when there is video.
When there is no video the conversation is the same up to the PLAY

DESCRIBE --> 200ok and a SDP
SETUP   --> 200ok and a sessionID
PLAY   --> No response for a period of time. Then a few bytes that causes the TEARDOWN to be sent.

The TEARDOWN goes un answered and then the library crashes and in the debug session I find that It has tried to execute SingleStep() in SingleStep it fails with numMembers() as indicated before. The funny part is the guard in doEventLoop  has a non-null watchVariable and it points to valid data.

By this time the pointers inside the session all are invalid.