[Live-devel] Access violation crash in rtspclient

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 16 16:14:47 PST 2011

> While waiting for a reply I updated to 11/8/2011. The problem is exactly the same.
> I am however still using the async interface, the re-write would kill me right now.

Do you mean "still using the *synchronous* interface" (i.e., the old, now-deprecated interface)?  But in any case, that's OK; either interface is supposed to be working without error.

First, I suggest running our "openRTSP" command-line RTSP client to access the server that's causing you problems.  If "openRTSP" also crashes for you (with that server), then the job will be easier, because it shows that there's a problem even with our unmodified released code.

If, however, the problem happens only with your client application, then I suggest looking at what happens - in your code - after a RTCP "BYE" arrives from the server.  I presume that you have set a 'BYE handler' - using the function "RTCPInstance::setByeHandler()".  Do any other of your servers send RTCP "BYE" packets (thereby triggering the calling of your 'BYE handler'), or does only your new, troublesome server send a RTCP "BYE"?  If it's only your new server that sends this, then this suggests that there is a problem with your 'BYE handler' (because it had not been called before).  Perhaps you are closing/deleting objects in the wrong order, or trying to delete some objects more than once?