[Live-devel] Every time I update, I have to adjust boolean.hh

Jeff Shanab jshanab at smartwire.com
Thu Nov 17 16:49:51 PST 2011

I use live555 in a browser plugin to be cross-platform, but windows for now.

Everytime I update the live555 libs I go into Boolean.hh in UsageEnvironment and add a guard. I got this workaround from one of the GMANE archives I think. I was just wondering if there is a better way or if maybe this should be in the live555 code!

I add the #ifndef __MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__   guard on line 34. It prevents multiple definition errors.
And then I add the winsock2 and mshtml includes on 21 and 22 to make it always work in windows builds. (maybe these should be in a #ifdef WINDOWS ?)

I know this is just to get around the windowsisms and the often times silly way they do things :(

By making these changes in this one location, for me, it solves making changes all over. (that I never could get to work)

/**********
   2 This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
   3 the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the
   4 Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your
   5 option) any later version. (See <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html>.)
   6
   7 This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
   8 ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
   9 FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU Lesser General Public License for
  10 more details.
  11
  12 You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License
  13 along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
  14 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301  USA
  15 **********/
  16 #ifndef _BOOLEAN_HH
  17 #define _BOOLEAN_HH
  18
  19
  20 //include this to force the order and help modified Boolean.hh to work.
  21 #include <WinSock2.h>
  22 #include <MsHTML.h>
  23
  24
  25
  26 #ifdef   __BORLANDC__
  27 #define Boolean bool
  28 #define False false
  29 #define True true
  30 #else
  31
  32
  33         typedef unsigned Boolean;
  34 #ifndef __MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__
  35         #ifndef False
  36                 const Boolean False = 0;
  37         #endif
  38         #ifndef True
  39                 const Boolean True = 1;
  40         #endif
  41
  42 #endif
  43 #endif