[Live-devel] Every time I update, I have to adjust boolean.hh

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 17 17:40:05 PST 2011

> I add the #ifndef __MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__   guard on line 34. It prevents multiple definition errors.

OK, fair enough.  I'll add this to "Boolean.hh" in future releases of the software.

> And then I add the winsock2 and mshtml includes on 21 and 22 to make it always work in windows builds. (maybe these should be in a #ifdef WINDOWS ?)

Yes, these #include files only exist in Windows, so they would need to be #ifdef'd.

*However*, the include file "groupsock/include/NetCommon.h" - which is #included by almost everything in LIVE555, *already* includes "winsock2.h" (and other Windows-specific header files).

So, apart from the "#ifndef __MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__" guard - which I'll add to the next release of the software - you should not, as far as I can tell, need to make any changes to "Boolean.hh" to get your compilation to work.

In particular, you most definitely should not add
	#include <MsHTML.h>
to "Boolean.hh" - because that header file is very specific to your environment, and has nothing to do with LIVE555 code.  Instead, "#include <MsHTML.h>" only in your own, custom code.  (I'm presuming that "MsHTML.h" defines "__MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__", so that the new "#ifndef __MSHTML_LIBRARY_DEFINED__" guard in "Boolean.hh" will work OK.)