[Live-devel] RTSPClient example?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 23 14:50:50 PST 2011

> I'd like to make an RTSPClient which doesn't receive but SEND data (video and audio) to an RTSP server.

Most RTSP servers - including ours - do not support this (being fed data from clients).  However, for those RTSP servers that do happen to support this, the RTSP "ANNOUNCE" command is used to tell the server about the session (using a SDP description), and then some (server-specific) mechanism is used to receive data.

We have a mechanism - the "DarwinInjector" class - that can be used to announce/inject data into one specific kind of server - Apple's "Darwin Streaming Server", as well as a couple of demo programs: "testMPEG1or2AudioVideoToDarwin" and "testMPEG4VideoToDarwin".  (However, this code is no longer actively supported.)