[Live-devel] older source archives

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 25 02:26:51 PST 2011

This is basically a difference in philosophy.  You believe - as the user of the library - that you best know which version of the library you should be using.

However, I believe - as the developer and maintainer of the library - that I best know which version of the library you should be using.

You may feel differently, however - in which case you are free to keep your own copy of whatever version you want to use.  That's the beauty of open source software.  However, I'm not going to put - on our own web site - a version of the software that I know contains bugs, and therefore that I feel people should not be using.  Nor am I going to support - on this mailing list - people who are using old versions of the software.  That's my choice, and I'm sticking with it.

And the fact that other software that you may use does things differently is not an argument.  You've found a different project.  Congratulations.