[Live-devel] live555 + mkv + multiple streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 6 01:03:50 PDT 2011

> However, it seems that we do not stream out all streams in the mkv.

That's correct.  We stream no more than one video track, no more than one audio track, and no more than one subtitle track (if any).  If there are multiple audio and/or subtitle tracks (e.g., for different languages), then we choose one that matches our preferred language code string.  The default preferred language code is "eng" (for English).  However, you can use a different preferred language code by adding it to the end of the call to "MatroskaFile::CreateNew()" at line 106 of "liveMedia/MatroskaFileServer.cpp".

E.g., to prefer a Hungarian audio/subtitle track - if one is present - then change this line to

	MatroskaFile::createNew(env, fileName, onMatroskaFileCreation, this, "hun");

> Also, from VLC side, we saw lots of errors (lost frames count kept going up, about 10% loss).

Do "we" not have our own domain name? :-)

As I said before, please put an example file online, and send us the URL, so I can download it and test it for myself.