[Live-devel] Streaming from subdirectories not working with embedded RTSP player

Jos Huybrighs jhuybrighs at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:41:50 PDT 2011

Hi,
I read in the history notes that starting from v.0-71 streaming from a subdirectory (like in: rtsp://<host>/MyVideos/MyStreams/a-video.ts) now works.I can confirm that it indeed works with the VLC player, but unfortunately not with the RTSP player I am working with on an embedded device (a browser-based setop box).
I tried investigating the cause of it and found out that the embedded RTSP player is not appending the 'track1' value to the URL in the SETUP request. This is a control value that is returned by live555 in the session descriptor (in a control media attribute). Since VLC indeed adds this value to the URL I am assuming that this is the reason for getting a 'stream not found' as reponse to the setop box's SETUP request.
The funny thing know is that when my setop box player requests a media file which is located directly in the executable's folder (no subdirectories involved) everything works fine, even when also then 'track1' is not appended to the SETUP url.
I am not sure now where the fault is. Should live555 allow this 'track' token to be missing or is the setop box RTSP not correctly behaving (in which case I am in deep trouble because of not being able to change anything in there).
Appreciate any feedback.
Jos