[Live-devel] duplicating vop start sequence frames in openRTSP client?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Oct 14 12:18:43 PDT 2011

> Then, then for the next frame received in the payload, the program sees that the  timestamp matches the time stamp of  the I-FRAME assigned previously  and it is  thrown out to preserve the proper frame rate
> Could this be possible??

No, because "openRTSP" doesn't work that way.

I suspect that the problems that you're seeing may be due to the "AVIFileSink" code that (tries to) output the received data in AVI file format.  That code has never been considered reliable (but bug fixes/improvements are always welcome); I generally do not recommend using the "-i" option.

What happens when you try playing the "rtsp://" stream directly using VLC (i.e., without using "openRTSP" at all)?

If you have problems even when you play the stream directly using VLC (on the same LAN as the camera, to ensure that you have enough bandwidth), then I suggest using "openRTSP" - with no options at all - to record a short video file from the camera.  The resulting video file will be in "MPEG 4 Video Elementary Stream" format, and you probably won't be able to play it at all (but if you rename it with a ".m4e" filename extension, then you might be able to stream it out using our server code).  But please point us at a copy of this file, so we can download and look at it ourselves.

If, however, VLC plays the "rtsp://" stream (directly from the camera) OK, then the problem is likely due to the "AVIFileSink" code.  (Once again, bug fixes are welcome.)