[Live-devel] Could non receipt or wrong SR cause no audio and garbled video?

Braden Ackerman braden.ackerman at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:24:55 PDT 2011

I've written a program to spoof RTSP servers and clients.
It works fine for mpeg transport streams where there is only 1 track.
However, when I use the same technique for mpeg over two tracks (mpa and
mpv) I get no audio and garbled video.
Garbled: I can see a faint hint of the real video (only recognizable because
I've seen it before) and many (mostly green) blocks.

I am doing this on a LAN so I know it is not a bandwidth issue, and I've
doubled checked everything.
The only portion I'm not 100% confident in is the method I use to fake the
SRs.
Does this sound at all like a Sender Report issue?

Thank you for your time.