[Live-devel] Opportunity for unpredictable behaviour in MPEG2TransportStreamFramer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Oct 16 21:54:16 PDT 2011

> If this wrap is in fact causing the issue, would you consider it a bug?

Yes, but are you sure that a wrap-around is, in fact happening (and is the cause of your problem)?  A rough calculation shows that - at 10 Mbps - the "fTSPacketCount" variable (which counts 188-byte Transport Stream 'packets') will wrap around in around 7 days.  But anyway, if this is a plausible occurrence, then it's probably something we should allow for.

>  If so, is this something you would prefer to address in a later release or something I should provide a patch for?

Yes, feel free to contribute a patch (using "u_int64_t" instead of "unsigned", where appropriate).