[Live-devel] Fwd: Zero delay for the first RTCP sender report

Alberto Alvarez alvarezgalberto at uniovi.es
Wed Oct 19 00:48:46 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am experimenting with a RTSP client server application.
 With default configuration we noticed that the first Sender Report (SR) was
sent with a certain delay (rtcp_min_time/2).  Thus, presentations times
are not synced (hasBeenSynchronizedUsingRTCP) and should not be trusted.
Indeed, PTS values before syncing are useless for us.
Now, according to RFC 6051 (Rapid synchronization of RTP Flows) "the delay
before sending the initial compound RTCP pakcet MAY be zero"

I found out that zero isn't working. I forced a small value there and
finally I see my RTCP SR among the first RTP packets.
Nevertheless, the accuracy of the presentation times has been modified.

Is there anything I am missing? Any implications that may be derived from
this modification?

Best regards
Alberto Álvarez