[Live-devel] Fwd: Zero delay for the first RTCP sender report

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 19 01:43:52 PDT 2011

> Is there anything I am missing? Any implications that may be derived from this modification?

Yes - that your modification didn't work :-)

Having the server send the first RTCP "SR" packet immediately (i.e., with a delay of zero) would be nice, and we might do this someday.  However, such a modification would be non-trivial.  In any case, because RTCP packets may get lost, receiving code will always need to allow for the possibility of RTP packets arriving before the first RTCP "SR".