[Live-devel] Payload information

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Thu Oct 20 03:49:55 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am developing an application that receives data from a microphone,
compresses it, sends it and decompresses it.

Now I would like to have the option to compress the data to different
formats e.g. mp3, wav etc.  This should be send to the receiver which
will then choose the best decoder based on the type of data received.

Can this information be included in the SDPDescription?  Or is there a
better place?

Can additional information be added to the SDPDescription? .e.g.
bitrate, samplerate etc.

I read up about payload formats and SDPDescriptions, but I am still
unsure.

Thank you for all your assistance.