[Live-devel] Test programs for RTSP streaming over HTTP (Other than Apple iPhone, iPads and Safari)

sandeep suresh sandeep.suresh at yahoo.co.in
Sun Oct 30 20:06:54 PDT 2011

Dear Ross Finlayson,
    Thanks for your reply.
1. How and where can I change the bitrate of the HTTP stream so that the delay time can be reduced?
2. Regarding my second query below, after RTSP over HTTP tunneling the extension of the file name was missing (Original file petrov.m4e and after tunnelling it was video-MP4V-ES-1). Next I had to rename the file as video-MP4V-ES-1.m4e and then it was possible to display the same.
3. This is regarding the "trick play functionality". Under the link: http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/#trick-play, it says that the feature is not supported by all the media types. Can you please let me know the suported media types? (Do not know if the media types in the link given is recent & up-do date)
4. This is regarding the MPEG2Transportstreamindexer. In the link http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html, there is a comment which says:
"(Be warned that this program is currently rather slow, so I suggest running it on the fastest computer that you have.)" My concern is this will have a great impact on the performance if I am executing this in a embedded system ?

Thanks & regards
Sandeep Suresh.