[Live-devel] video packetizatin for RTP payload

nandan amar nandan.amar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 23:28:54 PDT 2011

Thanks a lot Ross,
I went through the RFC 3984 (RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video) also.
There are multiple option for Structure of the RTP Payload Format( i.e. Single
NAL Unit Packet mode, Aggregation packet mode and Fragmentation unit mode).
These can be used in various combination.
I wanted to know that how it is implemented for live555 server.
Regards,

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 4:30 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

>   I have a basic query regarding how video is packetized for transmission
> (over
> UDP) by liveMedia.

> It uses the IETF standard "RTP/RTCP" protocol; see
> http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#general-rtp-question
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/