[Live-devel] RTP cutting out at @ 1min 7sec for a RTSP(TCP) RTP(UDP) steaming mpeg ts..

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 23 08:46:41 PDT 2011

It wasn't clear from your message whether your server, your client, or both are using our software.  (We can only help developers who are using our software - ideally, using our original, unmodified demo applications as a baseline.)

So, I suggest that you start by using the "LIVE555 Media Server" (i.e., "live555MediaServer") as your server, and the "openRTSP" command-line application as your client.  Make sure that those two work together for you (to rule out possible networking problems).  Then try using "openRTSP" with your server, and then the "LIVE555 Media Server" with your client.  That should tell you what the problem is.  I suggest also enabling debugging output in the "LIVE555 Media Server" (by adding
	#define DEBUG 1
to the start of "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp", and recompiling).

The problem that you describe does, indeed, look like a problem with RTCP "RR" packets not being received by the server but, by using our (unmodified) server and client for testing, you should be able to tell for sure.