[Live-devel] RTP cutting out at @ 1min 7sec for a RTSP(TCP) RTP(UDP) steaming mpeg ts..

Braden Ackerman braden.ackerman at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 04:40:10 PDT 2011

I am spoofing a VOD RTSP server and a client so that I can disconnect the
two. In order to do something in the middle that is quite useful, nothing
malicious (will only be used on my networks unless others want it).

I store some requests and responses (obviously editing values on the fly),
and generate others from scratch (RTCP receiver reports for instance).

Everything works fine, until VLC (I have tried with Live555, same symptom
(although I know they're roughly the same code)) stops sending out RTP at
about 1min 6.5 or 7s every time.
I know this is some kind of timeout. My first thought was RTCP RRs and I
reworked it several times, it seems perfect (can send wiresharked packets if
necessary).

Do you know what happens at 1 min 6.5 or 7 of a stream (timeout wise I
believe)?

I am streaming a mpeg transport stream (.ts) that is interlaced (I believe
is the correct term... 1 stream for A and V).

Thanks very much!

Braden