[Live-devel] segmentation fault on testRTSPClient

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 3 20:15:08 PDT 2012

(First, please don't send the same question to the list multiple times.  As noted in the FAQ, your messages are being moderated (delayed) because you're using an unprofessional email address.  (A reminder once again to everyone: Your messages will be taken much more seriously if you use a professional email address.))

> Uncomment following line
>
> TaskScheduler *scheduler = &(env.taskscheduler);
> env.reclaim();
> delete scheduler;
>
> When I run testRTSPClient with two rtsp url argument,testRTSPClient application is giving segmetation fault at end of application.

The problem here is that I didn't make it clear enough that those three lines - that you uncommented - cannot remain in the same place.  Instead, they can only be executed outside the event loop - i.e., after "doEventLoop()" has returned.  (The reason for this is that the event loop uses the "TaskScheduler" object that you're deleting.)

I have installed a new version (2012.04.04) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code that modifies the comments in "testRTSPClient.cpp" to make this clearer.