[Live-devel] Request RTSP Integration Help

Harold_Tham tham yulun sct678 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 4 01:20:35 PDT 2012

Hello developers,

Here the following scenario i am stuck with, i
have downloaded the source code for live55 media server. Currently my
limit knowledge are confined withing the C++ programming environment.
I've managed to compile live555 and get a simple RTSP to
play mp3 with the livemedia server.

 have very little knowledge on how RTSP flows. I would love to merge a
few modules(others open source) under a win32 environment.

Current working libraries i have created:

1) Gstreamer (currently written a pipeline to stream RTP packets)
  > My library parameters needed are "Client ip address", "RTP sink port", "RTCP sink port",  "RTCP src port"
     - Example my calling function webcampipeline(string clientip, int rtpSinkPort, int rtcpSinkPort, int rtpSrcPort) ;
     - hopefully to plug this in somewhere in live555 code for easy extendability
  > this will create a pipeline on my hardware webcam on my device to be transmitted to a client PC.
  > Client PC > plays a *.sdp with matched rtp sink port, hence live footage is being played with the manual SDP

2) Compiled Live555 source code

So
 my task now is to integrate this module with the live555 module as RTSP
 is much intelligent in socket port handling and no SDP files is needed
on the Client PC

Example client just need to rtsp://serverip/webcam  (internally link the Gstreamer lib i wrote) without a manual *.SDP file.

So
 i would love to work tightly with you to incorporate such a mechanism
integration. Rational gstreamer is used as it more hardware oriented and
 Gstreamer has no current working RTSP server for a windows
environment(Mainly Unix and Linux base). So I would love to integrate
together. And i have notice the most friendly opensource  RTSP working
code is Live555. And currently would wish to know how the unit flow of
RTSP is in Live555 code

Thanks you very much, awaiting for some good news.