[Live-devel] Play youtube stream using openRTSP.

Vijayendra Tripathi vijayendra.t.inbox at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 01:02:20 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

I wish to play a RTSP stream using an open source media player based on
ffmpeg. I have downloaded openRTSP code and compiled it in xcode on Mac
OSX. I was able to run testRTSPClient.cpp to read streams from youtube. I
believe I was receiving packets successfully from youtube server after
looking at my console output. As I am not conversed with RTSP protocol, I
was not sure as how should I use these received packets to play the video.

I further reviewed the related code, but beyond some point it was difficult
to understand and the task looked time consuming. I would really appreciate
if someone can provide a detailed explanation on this subject. I am sure
the explanation will also help others too. If such an explanation already
exists, then please forward the link.

Many open source communities also provide paid professional consultation to
organizations and individuals for example to ffmpeg. Their developers are
available for paid consultation. So, I am open to this idea too, but I am
not sure if Live555 dev community provide such services. Let me know if
there is any.

Thanks for considering this message. Cheers!