[Live-devel] Questions on MPEG2 Transport Stream

Felix Radensky felix at embedded-sol.com
Thu Apr 19 09:16:48 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have a requirement to stream H.264 video coming from hardware encoder,
audio (unknown format at the moment) and metadata (unknown format) all
wrapped as MPEG-2 TS. Video and audio streams should be converted to PES
before streaming.

By looking at live555 code and documentation I can see that converting
PES to
TS and streaming of TS are supported, and multiplexing video and audio
in TS
is supported as  well. What I'm missing is the code to convert ES to
PES and
streaming of metadata as part of TS. Is that supported as well ? If
not can you
please explain how can I add missing features.

Thanks a lot.

Felix.