[Live-devel] Questions on MPEG2 Transport Stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 19 18:22:18 PDT 2012

> By looking at live555 code and documentation I can see that converting PES to
> TS and streaming of TS are supported, and multiplexing video and audio in TS
> is supported as  well. What I'm missing is the code to convert ES to PES and
> streaming of metadata as part of TS. Is that supported as well ?

We also have code that will convert (video or audio) Elementary Streams to Transport Streams: the "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" class.

However, we don't have code for converting 'metadata' to Transport Streams.  However, you should be able to do this yourself, by implementing your own subclass of "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor".  (Note that the two existing classes - "MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource" and "MPEG2TransportStreamFromPESSource" - are also subclasses of "MPEG2TransportStreamMultiplexor".)