[Live-devel] MJPEG -> MKV

Tomasz Kuźma mapedd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:27:29 PDT 2012

2012/4/20 Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>

> My job is to save this stream to disk as a mkv file. As far as i know to
> save some video file to MKV container i can use mkvmerge tool from
> mkvtoolnix. But the problem here is how to save MJPEG video stream to
> something compatible with matroska ...
>
> Does live555 have built in support to do such a thing?
>

> Sorry, no.  There's currently no support in the library for writing a
> Matroska file (only for streaming from (i.e., reading from) such files).

Ok, i was expecting this. In that case how can i save MJPEG video stream to
disk, so that, later with help of tool like mkvtoolnix i can pack this
video file to mkv? Proper file saving is crucial in this case, AVIFileSink
doesn't work as axpected. I belive that saving this stream and encoding to
MPEG4 will do the job, later on i could merge this file to MKV, is this
correct?

> Does saving it as a MPEG4 will do the job?
>

> No (because a "MPEG4" file is not a Matroska file).
>

> Does any of the testPrograms from live555 source can do that?
>

> No.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/