[Live-devel] MJPEG -> MKV

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Apr 21 13:02:05 PDT 2012

>> My job is to save this stream to disk as a mkv file. As far as i know to save some video file to MKV container i can use mkvmerge tool from mkvtoolnix. But the problem here is how to save MJPEG video stream to something compatible with matroska ...
>>
>> Does live555 have built in support to do such a thing?
>
> Sorry, no.  There's currently no support in the library for writing a Matroska file (only for streaming from (i.e., reading from) such files).
>

> Ok, i was expecting this. In that case how can i save MJPEG video stream to disk

Note that each MJPEG video 'frame' will be a complete JPEG image.  If you save each incoming frame to disk - as a separate JPEG file - then you can later do whatever you want with these files (using some other library, not ours, because our library doesn't include any decoding/encoding/transcoding).

The way to do this is to use the "FileSink" class, but setting the "oneFilePerFrame" parameter to "True".