[Live-devel] waiting on DESCRIBE response

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Mon Apr 23 06:55:55 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I am getting following messages on Client side when playing the URL with testRTSPClient application.

Received 1448 new bytes of response data.
Have received 1448 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 30924 bytes more.
Received 2896 new bytes of response data.
Have received 4344 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 28028 bytes more.
Received 2896 new bytes of response data.
Have received 7240 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 25132 bytes more.
Received 2759 new bytes of response data.
Have received 9999 total bytes of a DESCRIBE RTSP response; awaiting 22373 bytes more.

After this it will hang here and does not proceed further.  Very few times it will get connected and starts streaming.
I am not able to track the reason for this.

I am using a H264 encoded file in the transmitter side due to unavailability of camera device.

Please let me know the reason for this and how it can be resolved.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashfaque