[Live-devel] eventTrigger problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 24 14:05:30 PDT 2012

>   I got eventTrigger problem on the data input. see below:
>   I have 8 input channels(8 camerals),live source, and I have tested two methods of implementations of DeviceSource for input video,    using eventTrigger mechnism.

As a general rule, if the 'event handler function' is the same for multiple events, then you should create just one event trigger id for this handler function, and use the "clientData" parameter to distinguish the different events when you later 'trigger' it.  (Ie., your "method 1".)

>  My question is: 1.why method 1 cause such large input data loss?

I don't understand why it would.  Perhaps your own event handling function (i.e., the handler function that you registered using "createEventTrigger()") is somehow to blame?