[Live-devel] eventTrigger problem

刘龙飞 daniel.liu17 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:35:59 PDT 2012

Dear Sir,
  I got eventTrigger problem on the data input. see below:
  I have 8 input channels(8 camerals),live source, and I have tested two
methods of implementations of DeviceSource for input video,    using
eventTrigger mechnism.

method 1:( I get this method from live555 mailing list, it seems this
method is recommended)
  Using just one eventTriggerId for all DeviceSource instances. And just
use the "clientData" param in Function "triggerEvent(EventTriggerId
eventTriggerId, void* clientData) " to discriminate
the DeviceSource  instances which represent each input channel.
  It works, but with low efficiency. It seems that the input data is not
fetched as quickly as possible, and it results large data loss at the input
side.

method 2:
  Using 8 "eventTriggerId"s, and one for each channel. So in
function triggerEvent(*, *), it has two params to  discriminate
the DeviceSource  instances. And this works better than method 1, the input
data loss is small.

 My question is: 1.why method 1 cause such large input data loss?
     2. If I use method 2, are there any shortcomings?
 Thank you, any advises is appreciated.

--Daniel Liu