[Live-devel] FW: Reg. configure and running issue for livemedia 555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Apr 27 01:50:37 PDT 2012

> I am installing and configuring the live555 media server to showcasing the demo requirement to the client related to sip applications

You understand, I hope, that the "LIVE555 Media Server" uses the RTSP protocol, not SIP.

> I want  steps to run a basic video call where i can get a streamed video file as output from a running live streaming video.

I suggest that you begin by reviewing the "openRTSP" demo application (which records incoming data from a "rtsp://" stream to a file), and the "testRTSPClient" demo application (which illustrates how you could develop your own RTSP client application).