[Live-devel] testRTSPClient does not assemble frames correctly

Gord Umphrey gordu at dvr2010.com
Fri Apr 27 06:14:18 PDT 2012

Thank you Guy for the good work with "testRTSPClient heap corruption".

When testRTSPClient successfully receives a stream, we are finding that the
received frames are not assembled correctly.

For most (if not all to my knowledge) streams, you should have an I frame,
followed by a fixed amount of P frames, followed by an I frame, etc, etc.

I.e. you should see this:

I frame
32 P frames
I frame
32 P frames
etc, etc

However, we are finding a variable number of P frames.  Sometimes you will
get an I frame every 10th frame, sometimes every 16th frame, etc.
I think what's happening is that sometimes multiple P frames are being
combined into a single P frame.

This variable GOP size is a problem for a lot of decoders.

So far we have tested this on 3 different RTSP sources with the same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gord.