[Live-devel] testRTSPClient does not assemble frames correctly

BONNEAU Guy Guy.Bonneau at miranda.com
Fri Apr 27 07:39:34 PDT 2012

Gord,

We haven't used the live555 library to parse the mpeg2 capture. We use our own parser implementation. Thus I am afraid that I cannot help much regarding if the live555 could have any issue parsing the incoming Mpeg2 data. Here is some suggestion to help you with debugging your issue.

1- Make sure your network setup doesn't "lose" any IP packets.
2- Use an Mpeg2 stream analyzer to check the conformance of the capture stream and identify what is wrong. I use Elecard.
3- Use VLC to capture the IP stream simultaneously with your own application that uses live555. If VLC capture is fine then it might be an issue with either your application or the live555 library. If the capture is not fine with VLC then the issue is with the encoder (unless packets were lost).
5- To my knowledge a variable GOP size should not be an issue for an Mpeg2 decoder. If it is an issue for the decoder you use then you should switch to another decoder because the one you use is not conformant to the ISO spec.

Hope this help
Guy