[Live-devel] Problems using testOnDemandRTSPServer

Sid Price sidprice at softtools.com
Fri Aug 10 12:11:23 PDT 2012

Ross,

I have been trying to get the testOnDemandRTSPServer application running on
my Windows Compact 7 device. All appears to have compiled OK and I am able
to connect to the server using VLC to play a WAV file on the embedded
device. The issue I am having is that the playback is just not stable, i.e.
the audio stops and starts. This behavior goes on for about 20 seconds into
the file after which the playback goes fine. All the time the audio is not
playing the progress bar of VLS appears to be advancing normally.

I have looked at the Wireshark capture of the network activity and it looks
OK to me. I have posted the capture here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/53358015/RTP_StreamingWAV.zip

Is it possible you, or someone else on the list who is familiar with this to
take a look at the capture and give me some guidance as to where the problem
lies. I am a novice with RTP/RTSP and hoping to move my knowledge forward
with this test program before I need to implement the actual code.

Many thanks,

Sid.