[Live-devel] Make all RTSP requests potentially session-aware

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Aug 11 02:40:55 PDT 2012

> I agree with you. But I am working with a kind of proprietary RTSP
> superset which need this (they use OPTIONS to keep-alive sessions),
> and I am not responsible for these choices. :)

Even though you might feel that you're "not responsible for these choices" made by the developers of this client, I hope that you contact them, asking them to fix their clients so that they adhere to the standard, which is to use RTCP "RR" packets (or, failing that, RTSP "GET_PARAMETER" requests) as keep-alives.

But if you can't do that, then - because all of the important member variables and member functions of "RTSPClientConnection" and "RTSPClientSession" are "protected" rather than "private" - you should be able to reimplement the "OPTIONS" handler to parse the session id and use it to look up the "RTSPClientSession" object (and then do whatever you want with it).  You'll get no help from me on this, though.