[Live-devel] Do the test applications ever sleep?

Sid Price sidprice at softtools.com
Thu Aug 16 12:58:59 PDT 2012

Ross,

While investigating another issue I began to dig a little deeper into how
the library operates and it appears to me that the process running the
servers never sleeps, is this correct?

If so, since this process will run on an embedded system and we try not to
waste cycles I would like to investigate letting the process sleep when
there is no activity required. The application I have would only need to
stream (multicast) linear PCM audio sources, a well-defined task. Do you
think that sub-classing "BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep would be the way to
go to achieve this?

Thanks,

Sid.