[Live-devel] build rtsp server supports TCP and Multicast from 264encoder at the same time

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 20 16:27:09 PDT 2012

>       Now the live555 server can stream out from encoder with unicast udp/tcp or multicast respectively.
>
>       But my problem is that how to build rtsp server supports TCP and Mulitcast at the same.

I presume you mean that you want some clients to receive a RTP-over-TCP stream, and other clients to access a separate multicast stream (because, of course, a multicast stream cannot be sent via TCP).

To do this, you add - to your RTSP server - two *separate* "ServerMediaSession" objects, each with a different "streamName".  (E.g., you could give one of them the streamName "multicastStream", and could give the other one the streamName "unicastStream".)

Then, you would add a "PassiveServerMediaSubsession" object to the "multicastStream" object, and would add a "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" (subclass) object to the "unicastStream" object.

Now, the only remaining issue is that you may want the same H.264 video source (e.g., from an encoder) to be used by both kinds of stream.  To do this, you may need to replicate the stream using our "StreamReplicator" class.