[Live-devel] Fwd: live555 on demand, apache and win 7 64bit

WADE POLK gunslingor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 13:58:21 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: WADE POLK <gunslingor at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:45 PM
Subject: live555 on demand, apache and win 7 64bit
To: live-devel at lists.live555.com

Hi all,

I have good web page setup, the only thing lacking is the streaming server
and I've been scouring the internet for many weeks studying and looking for
the best possible solution. I'm using the latest version of WAMP server on
win 7 64 bit. A few questions:

1. is there a way to get live555 to work in 64 bit windows?

2. Can it handle "true" rtsp on demand streaming effectively? I think it
can from what I am reading in the documentation.

3. Assuming I get live555 up and running on the same server that runs
apache, how the heck do I get my webpage to communicate with the streaming
server? Its a console application right? There needs to be a way to
integrate on demand streaming with my existing page. What gets played to
who will be dictated by what hyperlinks my users press on the webpage, some
hyper links need to open streams of my radio station, others need to open
streams of a users playlist, and some of just a single file... who has
access to what is dictated by my sql database.

thanks