[Live-devel] Do the test applications ever sleep?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 20 17:50:11 PDT 2012

> I have built to new code and run into an issue with my test WAV file no longer playing. Your new WAV parser is rejecting the WAV file because of the audio format entry which is 0x0012 which is said to be “Videologic Mediaspace ADPCM”.

We have never been able to stream WAV files that use this format, so I don't know why you thought that this was working before.  (If you look at "WAVAudioFileServerMediaSubsession.cpp", you'll see that we do not handle (and have never handled) WAV format code 0x12.)

It would not be possible to stream "Videologic Mediaspace ADPCM" audio unless/until we see a definition of the RTP payload format for this audio format.  (We can stream "IMA ADPCM" audio OK, because this is the same as DVI4 audio, for which a payload format is defined.  But, assuming that "Videologic Mediaspace ADPCM" audio is different (because it if weren't different, then why would it use a different WAV format code?), then the RTP payload format  - at least, the codec name string - has to be different.)