[Live-devel] Access violation in StramParser::testBytes()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 30 06:35:33 PDT 2012

> I have subclassed the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession, and have overridden the createNewStreamSource and createNewRTPSink functions as the FAQ instructs and can successfully receive an MPEG2 Program stream, demux it into an MPEG1or2DemuxedElementaryStream and pass data that into an H264VideoStreamFramer.

I'm puzzled by this, because "Program Streams" usually contain only MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 video.  This is the first time I've heard of a Program Stream file containing H.264 video.  (In fact, I didn't know that anyone used Program Streams anymore; they're pretty much a legacy of the 1990s :-)

Anyway, our code was not intended to be used for Program Stream files that contain H.264 data, so it's no surprise that things aren't working for you.  If you are sure, however, that this is the kind of file that you are trying to stream, then please post the URL of such a file, so we can download and test it for ourselves (and possibly update our code, as appropriate).

> The above process seems correct, and I can stream the resulting H264 data smoothly to both the openRTSP client (the resulting file is playable) and VLC. The problem I seem to be having is that whenever I disconnect the client application (openRTSP or VLC), the server experiences an Access violation. I have scoured the logs and have found that the TEARDOWN is received by RTSPClientSession and seems to be handled properly, except that the testBytes function (in StreamParser.hh) is referencing an invalid pointer (line: 85 - memmove(to, nextToParse(), numBytes)

No, that statement's on line 89, not line 85.  (This suggests to me that you've modified the supplied source code.  A reminder: If you modify the supplied source code - at all - you can't expect any support.)