[Live-devel] Access violation in StramParser::testBytes()

Shaheed Abdol Shaheed at scansoft.co.za
Thu Aug 30 04:41:47 PDT 2012

Good afternoon Ross,

I have updated to the latest version of the code, have read the FAQ and
have studied the included code samples. I am having some trouble within
my rtsp server code (based on the provided source code) which creates
subsessions on demand. These subsessions could be file sources or live
sources - based on the DeviceSource example.

I have subclassed the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession, and have overridden
the createNewStreamSource and createNewRTPSink functions as the FAQ
instructs and can successfully receive an MPEG2 Program stream, demux it
into an MPEG1or2DemuxedElementaryStream and pass data that into an
H264VideoStreamFramer.

The above process seems correct, and I can stream the resulting H264
data smoothly to both the openRTSP client (the resulting file is
playable) and VLC. The problem I seem to be having is that whenever I
disconnect the client application (openRTSP or VLC), the server
experiences an Access violation. I have scoured the logs and have found
that the TEARDOWN is received by RTSPClientSession and seems to be
handled properly, except that the testBytes function (in
StreamParser.hh) is referencing an invalid pointer (line: 85 -
memmove(to, nextToParse(), numBytes) which is causing the violation -
the "to" pointer has been deleted.

Should I be overriding some other function to handle the stream closure?
I have checked the FramedSource header file and can see a

static void handleClosure(void* clientData);

Which hints that it's possible to handle the closing stream in my
derived classes, but that method is static and not virtual, is there
another mechanism in place which I could use? Any advice would be
appreciated.

Thank you

Regards

Shaheed Abdol