[Live-devel] Access violation in StramParser::testBytes()

Shaheed Abdol Shaheed at scansoft.co.za
Fri Aug 31 04:45:59 PDT 2012

Good morning Ross,

You are indeed correct: Program streams are a big "no-no" for any
streaming situation, and I believe it's a testament to the robust,
flexible design of the live555 library for it to recognize and correctly
demux the stream. Unfortunately this is the constraint I have been given
- we are fetching footage from a SecureWise DVR which only supports very
limited encodings - all of which are encapsulated in an MPEG2 program
stream.

I have a link to the file:
https://rapidshare.com/files/2840761585/MP2(PS)-H264.mp4

 I have updated (again) to the 30 August version of live555, I had been
testing with the previous version, compiled it and have run the same
tests - with much better success, disconnecting from a stream no longer
causes a crash. The stream plays erratically though (sporadically gets
stuck on one frame for a few seconds), which the previous version did
not do.

One last note: The line numbers I quoted were incorrect because of a few
#pragma directives which were automatically added to the top of all
includes (mostly for cross-platform compilation)- I have replaced those
with the unmodified versions and recompiled.

Thank you
Regards