[Live-devel] RTP over RTSP: client sending RR "early"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 31 06:23:05 PDT 2012

OK, thanks for the RTSP protocol trace that illustrates the problem.

I've changed my mind on this: I now think it should be relatively straightforward to fix the RTSP client code so that it no longer sends out these early RTCP 'RR' packets (when streaming RTP-over-TCP).  This will be better than adding an ugly hack to the server code.  This means, however, that you will need to upgrade your clients (something that you should really be doing anyway :-)

Once I've updated the code (with this RTSP client code fix), I'll let you know).  Stay tuned...